Wednesday, December 4

RESTYLE | Popcorn Bar - Fancy Chalkboard Edition

At long last I am finally posting the pictures of the re-styled Rustic Popcorn Bar I created for our Neighborhood Fall Family Picnic. (See the original version HERE).

I'm loving the versatility of this new "Fancy Chalkboard" Edition Popcorn Bar.
I've had so many people purchase the original Rustic Popcorn Bar Printables for weddings…
I decided to create this chalkboard version specifically for brides (and party planners) to be able to incorporate this fun idea into the wedding details, (or birthday party, anniversary, family reunion, fall festival), while still being able to tie in the wedding/event colors - or at least have it blend nicely.

I did a few simple things to alter the look of the original cart...

The obvious change is the brand new Chalkboard Printables Collection I designed and printed for the Popcorn Bar and all of the fixins'! The bonus of switching to the Chalkboard Background is the cost for printing is now minimal. This new 24x36 poster costs UNDER $3.00 to print whereas the original color poster costs $20.

SOME OTHER CHANGES I MADE:
- Eliminated the canopy by removing the original two front poles of the cart
and left the two back poles to hang the Popcorn Poster from.
- Incorporated galvanized metal tubs, pails and buckets instead of using the rustic baskets.
- Used Kraft paper to cover the top of the cart instead of fabric. (and added a pretty edge using this).
- Used a brown paper bag to wrap the Popcorn Spritzer can.
- Used adorable mini wooden scoops for the Popcorn Toppings.
- I used this technique for creating pretty brown paper bag liners for the popcorn toppings.

I'm so grateful to Kernel Season's for having the perfect products to pull this off! They just so happened to reach out to me in the middle of finalizing my popcorn bar for the Neighborhood Fall Family Picnic. They offered to send me FREE items since they STILL receive orders from people who've been inspired to create their own Popcorn Bars based on the original one I created. LOVE that! And I love the new flavors they've added to their Kernel Season's line.

I even created a "Kernel Season's" Movie Night Prize Pack for one of the winners of the raffle we had at the picnic. The prize pack included 1 Bag of Premium Popping Corn, 1 bottle of Popping and Topping Oil, 1 can of Butter Spritzer and 6 different Popcorn Seasonings. (This would totally make a great holiday gift for the Popcorn Lover in your life - just sayin').  Actually, as I was on their site today grabbing the links to their fun products, I saw "POPCORN PARTY PACK GIFT SETS" - this is even easier because they've done the thinking for you and there are three different sets to choose from.

If you LOVE this idea and would like to recreate it, the new printable collection is now loaded into my shoppe! I will email the collection for FREE to the first 3 people who do the following:

1. Go to Kernel Season's FB page, like their page and tag Pen N' Paperflowers when you leave a comment to let them know I sent you.

2. Follow me on Pinterest and then pin one of these images and tag me in your comment.

2. Leave a comment here on the blog letting me know (1) what you love most about the Popcorn Bar Chalkboard Re-style, (2) you liked Kernel Season's FB page and (3) you are following me on Pinterest. Include the Pinterest link to the image you pinned from this post.

I hope you love it…and more importantly, I hope you'll find a way to incorporate it into your next celebration.

RESOURCES:
Galvanized Tubs
Metal Pails for Toppings
Wooden Scoops
Seasoning Shakers
Popcorn Seasonings

KEEPiNG iT REAL
The day I took the photos of the Popcorn Bar it was soooo windy everything kept getting blown off the cart. (popcorn, signs, etc.)  I was getting so frustrated running to set things back up and then stepping back to snap photos. I finally had to poke two additional holes in the bottom corners of the Popcorn Poster to tie it down because it was flying all around. You would've never known it if I hadn't told you. *wink* I was soooo grateful when I felt like I had enough photos!

13 comments:

Megan December 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I love all the changes, especially using the brown paper from a budget standpoint! I can't wait to use some of these ideas for our Kick Off parties (and in the non-profit world every penny matters)!
I've liked the FB pages, followed you on Pinterest and repinned this link! Thanks for the great inspiration! Link to repinned post here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/231091024603203917/

Jessica Kirkland December 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Congrats Megan! Send your email address to: pnpflowersinc@gmail.com and I'll send along your FREE Fancy Chalkboard Edition printables.

Thanks so much for being here and participating. I'm thrilled you love the use of the brown paper bags! I'd love to see pictures of how you use these so definitely come back and share!! Congrats again! Let me know if you have any questions with printing!

Andrea December 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Hi Jessica - as always, this is great! I am so in love with chalkboard art overall - and am frantically searching for our Christmas card design using this trendy style. My fav part of this is the galvanized buckets and tubs, things we already have or are easy to find! I recently sent a link over to a co-worker (of the original popcorn bar) - he and his wife have 5 kids and they were planning an adult movie night after they got the kiddos to bed - they both love popcorn and just loved your idea too! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica Kirkland December 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Hi Andrea! I'm thrilled you like the Chalkboard version of the Popcorn Bar. I appreciate the feedback! Email me and I'll send over the free printables to you!

Satu VanderWoude December 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I love this design! The fact that it's a printable is most convenient. I love the colors that will go well with my sisters babyshower pink! Thank you creating this great design. The chalk board design is so popular and great. I'm looking forward to sharing this at the shower.

Jessica Kirkland December 10, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Hi Satu!! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I'm thrilled you love the design. Let me know if you popped over to the Kernel Season's FB page and liked and commented there. And then if you'll send me the link to your pin of one of the images here I'd love to send you the whole collection for FREE via email. I appreciate you being here!

Satu Vanderwoude December 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hello Jessica

This is so generous of you. Thank you so much. I've liked the facebook page, commented, followed you on pinterest, and here is the link... http://www.pinterest.com/pin/64598575879106805/

You are a very creative woman. I'm totally impressed and keep up the great work.

Satu Vanderwoude December 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Hello Jessica

This is so generous of you to share for free. I've liked the facebook page, commented, followed you on pinterest and here is the link http://www.pinterest.com/pin/64598575879106805/

You are a very creative woman and I'm totally impressed. Thank you.

Ansley,  January 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Hi!! I so love this you are amazing!! I am looking to use this for my upcoming wedding!! thanks so much for the opportunity, it's exactly what I had planned in my head I just couldn't execute it ;) I have liked the Kernel Season's FB page and attached a link to my FB page.

Ansley,  January 16, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Sorry forgot to include the link to my pintrest repost :)

Jessica Kirkland January 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Hi Ansley…

Thanks so much for being here! I'm more than happy to send over the FREE printables and I'm just thrilled they will work perfectly for your upcoming wedding! Congrats!

Email me at pnpflowersinc@gmail.com and I'll send them over to you!!

Brooke March 27, 2014 at 11:10 PM

This is absolutely AMAZING! Good, good stuff. Just tucked away your listing for the this summer. A 'must' for sure! Cheers! Brooke

Jessica Kirkland March 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Awe!! Thank you Brooke! I'm flattered you love it and thank you so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment. MUCH appreciated!! I look forward to working with you over the Summer!

i WAS PUBLiSHED iN CASA CHiC MAGAZiNE

i WAS PUBLiSHED iN ARTFUL BLOGGiNG MAGAZiNE

MEMBER OF MARTHA STEWART'S DREAMERS iNTO DOERS

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Pin It button on image hover