At long last I am finally posting the pictures of the re-styled Rustic Popcorn Bar I created for our Neighborhood Fall Family Picnic. (See the original version HERE).
I'm loving the versatility of this new "Fancy Chalkboard" Edition Popcorn Bar.
I've had so many people purchase the original Rustic Popcorn Bar Printables for weddings…
I decided to create this chalkboard version specifically for brides (and party planners) to be able to incorporate this fun idea into the wedding details, (or birthday party, anniversary, family reunion, fall festival), while still being able to tie in the wedding/event colors - or at least have it blend nicely.
I did a few simple things to alter the look of the original cart...
The obvious change is the brand new Chalkboard Printables Collection I designed and printed for the Popcorn Bar and all of the fixins'! The bonus of switching to the Chalkboard Background is the cost for printing is now minimal. This new 24x36 poster costs UNDER $3.00 to print whereas the original color poster costs $20.
SOME OTHER CHANGES I MADE:
- Eliminated the canopy by removing the original two front poles of the cart
and left the two back poles to hang the Popcorn Poster from.
- Incorporated galvanized metal tubs, pails and buckets instead of using the rustic baskets.
- Used Kraft paper to cover the top of the cart instead of fabric. (and added a pretty edge using this).
- Used a brown paper bag to wrap the Popcorn Spritzer can.
- Used adorable mini wooden scoops for the Popcorn Toppings.
- I used this technique for creating pretty brown paper bag liners for the popcorn toppings.
I'm so grateful to Kernel Season's for having the perfect products to pull this off! They just so happened to reach out to me in the middle of finalizing my popcorn bar for the Neighborhood Fall Family Picnic. They offered to send me FREE items since they STILL receive orders from people who've been inspired to create their own Popcorn Bars based on the original one I created. LOVE that! And I love the new flavors they've added to their Kernel Season's line.
I even created a "Kernel Season's" Movie Night Prize Pack for one of the winners of the raffle we had at the picnic. The prize pack included 1 Bag of Premium Popping Corn, 1 bottle of Popping and Topping Oil, 1 can of Butter Spritzer and 6 different Popcorn Seasonings. (This would totally make a great holiday gift for the Popcorn Lover in your life - just sayin'). Actually, as I was on their site today grabbing the links to their fun products, I saw "POPCORN PARTY PACK GIFT SETS" - this is even easier because they've done the thinking for you and there are three different sets to choose from.
If you LOVE this idea and would like to recreate it, the new printable collection is now loaded into my shoppe! I will email the collection for FREE to the first 3 people who do the following:
1. Go to Kernel Season's FB page, like their page and tag Pen N' Paperflowers when you leave a comment to let them know I sent you.
2. Follow me on Pinterest and then pin one of these images and tag me in your comment.
2. Leave a comment here on the blog letting me know (1) what you love most about the Popcorn Bar Chalkboard Re-style, (2) you liked Kernel Season's FB page and (3) you are following me on Pinterest. Include the Pinterest link to the image you pinned from this post.
I hope you love it…and more importantly, I hope you'll find a way to incorporate it into your next celebration.
Metal Pails for Toppings
KEEPiNG iT REAL
The day I took the photos of the Popcorn Bar it was soooo windy everything kept getting blown off the cart. (popcorn, signs, etc.) I was getting so frustrated running to set things back up and then stepping back to snap photos. I finally had to poke two additional holes in the bottom corners of the Popcorn Poster to tie it down because it was flying all around. You would've never known it if I hadn't told you. *wink* I was soooo grateful when I felt like I had enough photos!