January 18th and 19th marks the 2011 Martha Stewart Dreamers Into Doers Event...
Highlights of the event include:
• My first trip to NYC ever.
• A Meet & Greet Monday night with all of the Dreamers
• Dinner at Pastis late Monday night with all of the "Party Girls"
• Mingling and meeting face-to-face with all of the super talented women I've become friends with through the blog world. (TomKat Studio, Pizzazzerie, Fresh Chick Designs, The Celebration Shoppe, and SO. MANY. MORE.)
• Two days of amazing workshops sponsored by MSLO.
• Fabulous guest speakers including THE Martha Stewart.
• Attending a live taping of the Martha Stewart Show.
• "Slumber party-style" late night chats with the party girls.
• cheesecake with Kim from the TomKat Studio.
You've no idea how much I want to be sending each of you a card like the one pictured above.
You've NO idea how much I want to be the hero today and tell you I beat the flu symptoms...
that I didn't have to cancel my flight out today...
and that I'll be in New York over the next 3 days attending this amazing event.
To my disbelief...
here I sit.
I should be fighting cold NYC temperatures...
Instead, I've been up against temperatures of 102°.
The Ugg boots I should be wearing have been replaced with warm fuzzy socks.
My neck and chest are wrapped in Unker's instead of winter scarves.
The winter coat I should've been wearing in NYC is instead made up of 4 layers of blankets.
The cute business cards I had planned on "handing" out have been substituted for "hand-santitizer" and my "hand" constantly reaching for the box of tissues.
And that cheesecake I should be eating with Kim?
Cans of chicken noodle soup have taken its place.
Many tears in fact.
And I know when my head is even more clear the reality of having missed out on this opportunity will surely sink in and bring with it even more tears.
as much as it was going to be a dream to be in NYC for such a FUN, exciting event & opportunity.
It will continue to be just a dream...
I'm crawling back into bed...
Pulling the covers back over my head...
Cursing the flu bug that ultimately sabotaged the event of the year I should've been at...
Please stay healthy everyone...
KEEPING IT REAL
hardest post I've ever had to write yet.
I don't like to feel or admit defeat.
Aside from the runny nose and weepy eyes, Ella seems to be feeling better.
Hoping J and Ema are able to escape being bitten by the flu bug.
Doctor said the cases have tripled around here in the last 2 weeks.