the day we embark on the year long adventure of enrichment...
For me, this journey will include things like:Taking time for myself.
Pushing creative boundaries.
Occasional intentional discomfort.
Discovering something new.
Adding value to the everyday.
Being in the present moment.
Fulfilling personal needs.
Reaching out - to others and to myself.
all through the process of keeping promises. (promises I've made to myself)
Today is day one of the "promise ME" journey...
And I'm ready to share with you my list of promises...
I Promise to...
1. sample a Cannelle et Vanille recipe every week
2. bake macarons for the first time
3. make an angel food cake for the first time
4. bake every recipe in the babycakes cookbook
5. "ME only" photo shoot
6. bed & breakfast stay - all by myself
7. go one month completely vegan
8. cut squares from my grandfather's shirts I've been saving to prepare for making a quilt or wall hanging
9. create an inspiration board for my studio
10. add three pieces of art from Janet Hill Studios to my collection
11. have a "real" tea party with Ella.
12. attend a "junque" show event (something like this)
13. have my blog printed
14. new 50mm lens
15. paint some canvases
16. room makeovers for my 3 girls
17. create a "Tara Whitney" wall
18. create a number wall
19. write/create/print a children's book
20. incorporate "healthy" alternatives into dessert tables
21. saturday morning breakfasts with Clara & Ema
22. build a "pillows and blankets" fort with the girls
23. try a brand new craft technique I've never tried
24. new shirt in - old shirt out -every week
25. pamper myself once a month
26. try out a henna tattoo *just something silly*
27. check out the French Nest
28. wooden vintage signs - learn the process & create
29. visit "Bake Me a Cake" and other local bakeries to add to my vendor list
30. try a spray tan *giggling*
31. family picnics - have at least three different ones
32. create a family calendar/event/message board
33. mailboxes for the girls' rooms
34. make a R.A.K. (random act of kindness) list with Clara & Ema - execute in one day
35. learn more about letterpress
36. add new hair accessories to my collection
37. purchase a new toe ring
38. intentionally add more "laughter" to the everyday
39. dine at 12 restaurants I've never been to
40. discover new music artists
41. find a local farmer's market that's worth it
42. unearth the fashion sense that's been buried under motherhood
43. create some videos for the blog
44. do something I think I cannot do or have been too chicken to try
45. enter the "ReMARTHAble" contest
Some of you may recognize some of the things on my list.
I carried over the items I didn't finish last year and vow to complete them this year.
I then added some new things to create a list of 45 promises.
Some of these things will take up very little of my time.
Other items will take a substantial amount of time.
Regardless, they will all require some planning.
I found I can cross off multiple items by getting a little creative.
For example...I could combine promises #2 and #11 by baking
an angel food cake in preparation for the tea party with Ella.
Or I could combine #23 & 32 by creating an inspiration board using a new crafting technique.
Looking at my calendar of upcoming events also helps to plan & prepare to execute upcoming promises.
It's so easy to have FUN with this.
For those of you participating with me in the "promise ME" journey...
your list will more than likely contain completely different things.
And that's good.
Because the list you've made is YOUR list.
You put things on there you felt YOU needed.
So don't go erasing anything - stick with your initial thoughts.
Trust your instincts.
And just DO this!!
It's up to US to keep our promises.
And this should be an "exciting" process...not a "daunting" one.
If one of your promises seems daunting...perhaps it belongs on a different list.
This list is supposed to be FUN!!!
It should invoke feelings of excitement.
And it should definitely leave you feeling inspired.
Inspired to do something.
And even more inspired after it's done.
Are you ready?
let's MAKE iT HAPPEN!!
Grab the promise ME blog button to use on your blog to help spread the word...
I will be creating a separate "blog page" to keep track of my "promise ME" progress & posts.
I'm also gathering ideas from some of the suggestions you've been making for cute things to create using the "promise ME" logo.
Those of you who are joining in on the journey...feel free to share links to your own lists...right here by commenting.
I encourage you to reach out to each other and lift, support and congratulate one another as we accomplish our goals.
Need a FREE printable list? (go here)
Need a better understanding of the "promise ME" journey? (go here)
Happy February 1st!
And Happy first day of "keeping promises" to yourself!
KEEPING IT REAL
I've seriously been so excited about getting started on my promises...
I've had to talk myself out of doing some of the things on my list until the journey "officially" started today.
Now today is finally here....game on!!! Bring it!!